Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Boo Boo and Mommy Ponderings

Over the weekend I burned my arm on a hot pan on my stove. It's not a big burn and doesn't hurt anymore, but every time my kids see it they both "Oohhhh" over my boo boo and insist on kissing it. It's such a sweet gesture! I just swell with love and pride at my two caring little ones every time! It's moments such as these that make all my long days as a SAHM totally worthwhile!

One lovely duty of homemaking is periodically cleaning out from under the couch. I do it about every six months, though I really should do it more often. I picked up a small mountain of toys that had been living under there for weeks or months including half of Kyle's matchbox car collection. My vacuum cleaner clogged several times on the piles of stale cereal and crackers which I was able to fix by shoving a long screw driver up the nozzle, but I did have to enlist my husband's help when I accidentally vacuumed a C battery which got lodged in the nozzle. He ended up having to take the hose and nozzle apart in order to get the battery out. So it ended up being quite a lengthy chore. I'm just glad it's done for the next six months!

I have been very busy today. I've done dishes twice, vacuumed, mopped, balanced the checkbook and ran errands to pay some bills, made and canned 3 batches of applesauce, and cleaned up afterwards. I'm also babysitting Olivia today. Often I keep myself so busy with housekeeping and mommy-ing and wife-ing that sometimes my time left to sit at the feet of my Lord is scant. This passage is a good reminder to reconsider my priorities. . .

Luke 10:38-42 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

1 comment:

Leah said...

OUCH about the boo boo. I still have a scar where I burned my arm while baking. Darn hot pans! LOL Hope it heals nicely, that's a great sign is already doesn't hurt! My was sore for a week!

nice job on the cleaning! ha! I think you LIKE to clean...