Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I've been busy!

As of today it has been a week since I have gotten a chance to blog. I've been busy! Being a mom is a big job all by itself, but when you add in there babysitting another 2 year old, and getting ready for a weekend away which included baking pies, plus the fact that I was absorbed in 2 very good books. Well, it just leaves little time left to be online.

The books that I just finished were the first two books in The Mark Of The Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers. Really awesome books about the life of a Jewish Christian who becomes a slave in a Roman family after the fall of Jerusalem. The slave-girl, Hadassah, falls in love with the very lost family who has come to own her and over and over tries to share the good news of Jesus Christ, despite the danger it puts her in. I haven't had a chance to read the third one yet. On Wednesday I plan to return the second book and check the 3rd book out of our church library.

Now it's time for me to get back to the ever-present pile of laundry that needs to be washed, dried, folded and put away. Though my body is crying out for a nap. Oh to be able to give in to such pleasures! LOL!

2 comments:

Leah said...

yay! A new entry... I was starting to think you'd given up on the idea of blogging. LOL

I have some apples waiting to be turned into a pie. I might just do that today since I can't do much of anything ELSE I had planned today without a functioning vehicle. I should pick your brain for recipes since you're the baking QUEEN.

Good luck catching a nap at some point. That DOES sound nice!

eph2810 said...

This series sounds really good! I really need to get back to reading, but like you said -- there is other stuff we need to do to.
Thanks for sharing.