Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Seasonal Chores and a Night Out

The weather is getting increasingly fall-like, though you wouldn't know if from the warm sunny day today. Nights are getting colder and sweaters and light jackets are necessary for mornings and evenings. I decided it was time to remove the kids summer clothes and fill their drawers with fall/winter clothes. Of course I left a few shorts sleeved items and capris just in case, and it's a good thing I did because the forecast for this weekend is warm and sunny. I was able to accomplish that yesterday. The kids both have really cute winter wardrobes thanks to thrift shops, yardsales, hand-me-downs and ebay. I actually do have one bag left of hand-me-downs to go through, but if I remember correctly most of the things in that bag would be too big for this year and would need to be stored for next year. Of course I still have the chore of going through the summer clothes and saving want I want to save, throwing out what's gotten stained and yucky and getting the rest ready to go to the consignment shop. It's a chore that I don't look forward too, but I feel so good once it's done.

Last night I went to a Pampered Chef party. That was fun. I knew everyone there, and I even won a pearing knife. Though I have to say, I have a pampered chef pearing knife already and I really don't like it. It is very flimsy. I much prefer my Cutco one. I ordered a cooling rack. Every time I make cookies (which I do fairly regularly) I've thought how nice it would be to have a cooling rack, so I'm excited that I'll finally have one! There were a few other things that I would have liked to get, but I had a very limited amount I could spend.

Today is Wednesday, which means Awana and Bible Study night. I've been working with Megan on her Bible verses for Cubbies. She is kinda getting it. I'm not sure how strict they are in the way they require memorization from the 3 and 4 year olds so I don't know if she'll 'pass' the sections or not.

I finished 2 more books since my post about what I've read this summer. I finished The Blue Bottle Club by Penelope Stokes. It is the story of a reporter who discovers a blue bottle filled with the written dreams of 4 girls from the depression era. The reporter tracks down the women and finds out if they fulfilled their dreams for their lives. It was a good story. I enjoyed it. The other book I just finished today was called The Reliance by M. L. Tyndall. It is the sequel to The Redemption which I read earlier this summer. It was so good that I had a hard time putting it down. I finished it in 2 days. The next book I plan to read is Broken Things by Andrea Boeshaar. I've never read anything of hers before, but I always enjoy trying new authors. Hopefully it will be a good one!

Well, I better get going. Kyle and I are walking down to the preschool to get Megan today which means we need to leave right about now. . .

No comments: