Monday, September 24, 2007

Couple Time!

It is so easy for Tom and I to get absorbed in our duties; me, as mother and homemaker, and he as provider, that we neglect our relationship with each other. Over our five years of being married we have found it important to take time to reconnect every so often by having some couple time. Of course it was easy 3 years ago when it was just the two of us. Now it takes a little more planning, but thankfully we life right down the street from my mother-in-law who loves the opportunity to spend some special time with Megan and Kyle. This past weekend we were able to go visit some friends, and afterward Tom and I went to Applebees, which happens to be our favorite restaurant. We are a big fan of the Cheesy Tavern Chips appetizer. Next time you go you have to try it! YUM! Anyway, I enjoyed having some uninterrupted conversation with my husband! I do love our couple time!

You know, now that I think about it, it is so easy to do that very same thing in my relationship with Christ. I get so caught up in my 'duties' as a christian (going to church, singing in choir, being a 'good person') that I neglect my relationship with Christ that made me a christian in the first place. God is so good though! He loves me with an everlasting love, and patiently waits for me to come back to Him!

Today was such a beautiful day! I have been taking the kids to the playground down the street after lunch lately. I want to make the most of these beautiful days because it won't be too much longer before the winter chill sets in and we will be cooped inside. I do look forward to the winter holidays, but I don't look forward to being cooped inside for the months. After we came back from the park I put the kids down for a nap and I worked on the never ending task of laundry. Not my favorite chore in the world, but someone has to do it. I made Roasted Chicken for dinner. That was very tasty! And I made mashed potatoes and gravy for Tom, since that is his favorite. The nice thing about roasting a whole chicken is there is lots of leftover meat to use for future meals, and it's much cheaper than buying chicken breasts, or cut chicken. I plan to make Chicken Casserole, and Chicken Enchiladas for dinner tomorrow and Wednesday.

No comments: