Friday, November 2, 2007

Embarrassing Moments

Today I visited Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries Blog. I read her entry called "He Called It Spittle". It's about an embarrassing moment of hers while she was speaking to a group of women AND being taped. It definitely made me laugh out loud. Definitely check it out if you have a spare minute. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it as I did.

Some people are prone to embarrassing moments, but thankfully, in general, I haven't been. I have had a few though. Beth's story reminded me of the time my husband and I went to the State Fair. Megan was just over a year old and I was 7 months pregnant with Kyle. Of course when I go to any fair I have to get funnel cake loaded with confectioners sugar, and this time was no different. Then towards the end of the trip we saw some friends of ours and stopped to visit with them. After we parted company Tom turns to me and lets me know that the top of my protruding belly had been a catch-all for the white powdery sugar. I was covered in it, and it was very obvious because I was wearing a dark shirt. Of course my husband didn't find the need to tell me about it before we found people we knew.

I think sometimes God has a sense of humor when teaching us lessons in humility. . .

No comments: