Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kid Stuff

This morning Caleb came out of the bedroom sporting a pair of Kyle's underwear on his head.   Knowing Kyle's tendency to not get all of his dirty clothes in the laundry hamper I thought to myself, I wonder if those are clean?  So I called Caleb over, pulled them off his little head, and smelled them to make sure they weren't dirty.  Satisfied that they smelled like clean laundry, I placed them back on Caleb's head and said to my little bugger, "It's fine with me if you want to wear underwear on your head as long as they are clean underwear."

A few minutes later I found myself chuckling over what I'd just done. Some days I am quite amazed at the bizarre behavior that seems to come with the territory of being a mom.

Yesterday Tom and I took the kids to get their pictures taken.  I am very pleased with the results!  The kids behaved so well.  I do think it was their best behavior in a portrait session to date.  I won't show all the pictures here right now, but I wanted to show these two pictures. I just thought they were so funny!  It was the progression of peekaboo...





By the way, their adorable Easter outfits were gifts from their Grandma & Great-Aunt Laurel!   If you read this... Thank You!!! And thank you, God, for the nice weather in the forecast for Easter so I don't have to feel too guilty about dressing my boys in shorts in the beginning of April!

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Precious pictures1

Gardenia said...

yes our kiddos engage in strange behaviours sometimes. love the pics of your beautiful kiddos. thanks for stopping by my blog.

akr said...

I love catching myself saying things I never in a million years thought I would say...oh the crazy joys of motherhood. And the pics are precious.

Sara said...

Your pictures are great! I laughed out loud at the underwear story. My boys LOVE running around the house with Pull-Ups on their heads. And my husband and I laugh all the time at the crazy things we never thought we'd say before kids. Like, "We don't pee in the bathtub!"

Tiffany said...

What great photos! Their outfits are adorable!

Janna said...

What a fun photo setting! My daughter like to wear one of the dolies at my mom's house and says she's a princess:)

Karen said...

Awww....sweet pictures!

And yes...kids say and do the most surprising things...