Saturday, October 10, 2009

Making Money at the Grocery Store.

This evening I went grocery shopping. Coupons in hand, I headed to Walmart. I actually had money to do some heavy duty grocery buying today. Something I haven't done in a very long time. Maybe not the best idea to do so on a Saturday evening at Walmart. If you have never been to my local Walmart on a weekend, you probably won't understand. From what I've been told it is one of the busiest Walmarts in the country. I don't doubt it. The shelves were pretty much cleaned out tonight, so it was slim pickings. However I did find most of the things for which I had coupons.

Anyway, back to my topic. I heard about this SC Johnson Rebate a couple weeks ago. Buy any 3 SC Johnson products listed on the form and get a 5 dollar rebate. Well, Glade products are on the list, and lately there have been some pretty decent Glade coupons floating around cyberspace and the Sunday paper inserts. I had two 3 dollar coupons for Glade "The Fragrance sensation" multi wick candles which cost 4.50, so I paid 1.50 each out of pocket for those. I also had one coupon for 4 dollars off Glade Sense & Spray starter kit which cost 5.00, so I only paid 1 dollar. My total for those 3 items was 4 dollars, however I will be getting the 5 dollar rebate, which means I actually made a profit of 1 dollar! Woohoo!

I've already got the rebate filled out and ready to pop in the mail on Monday. I have found I have to fill out and send in the rebate form right after I make the purchase. If I don't I'll either forget to do it altogether, or I'll end up losing something that I need to complete the form.

Now I just have to wait the 6-8 weeks to actually have my profit in hand. There have been quite a few good rebates which I've taken advantage of lately. I have yet to get any of them back though. I think I may start a special savings to put my rebate money into and save up for something special, like a weekend getaway with my husband or something fun like that.

No comments: