Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another Score at the Grocery Store

Wow, my title rhymes. I'm a poet and don't know it. LOL! :) Ok, so it wasn't technically the grocery store. It was actually Walgreens and CVS, but I liked the ring of the title I chose so decided to leave it that way.

Here is a picture of my purchases made today. I made several transactions in order to maximize my use of Register Rewards, Extras Care Bucks and coupons. All together I paid a total of $27.32 out of pocket. However, I also ended up with $9.00 in RR and ECB to use on later purchases. My total savings which was a combination of store sales, store coupons, manufacturers coupons, RR, and ECB was $91.72.

If I've totally confused you with my talk of RR and ECB go check out CVS 101 and Walgreens 101 over at Moneysavingmom.com. It has only been a month or so that I've been collecting coupons and maximizing store sales and reward programs so I am by no means an expert, but I have seen some incredible savings in just the few weeks I've done it. It is definitely something worth researching if you're looking for ways to save your family a little extra money.

I'd love to hear about any great deals you found this week, so share or leave your link in a comment so I can check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa, Can you tell me how you go the easy mac and the other diapers in the back? I go the huggies today but didnt really see any other diaper deals and we could use all the deals we can get. :) Thanks.

Melissa said...

The Easy mac I got with the ECB deal going on at CVS. I had a $4 off $20 coupon, plus $8 in ECB's to use there. They had the Easy Mac on an ECB deal... Buy 15 dollars worth of certain products and get 5 dollars in ECB's. So I got 2 boxes of easymac, and a box each of wheat thins, ritz, and triscuits. To make it to the $20 mark I also purchased the honey, Mom's natural brand instant oatmeal and the 2 boxes of elbow macaroni. It cost me less than 8 for all of it, plus I got the 5 dollars ECB to use on a later purchase.

The other diapers are actually Good Nites. My daughter needs them for nighttime. I had actually written in with some feedback to Huggies about the GoodNites and they sent me 2 coupons for FREE packages of goodnights. So I used them paired with the RR deal at Walgreens and actually made a profit of $4 on that one!!! I then used the $4 RR and $3 in other coupons for my purchase of 6 jars of Ragu, 2 Hellman's mayonaise, 2 Quaker Instant Oatmeal, and 2 Quaker chewy granola bars. I paid $17.00 for all of that, which is more than I would normally want to pay, but I received $9 in RR so that made it a good deal. I then used those RR and $4 in Huggies coupons to purchase the Huggies diapers. I had to add the pencils as fillers because Walgreens requires that you purchase at least as many items as you have coupons and I had 5 coupons (2 RR, 2 Huggies q, and 1 walgreens pencil q). After coupons that purchase totalled $2.08 plus I received $4 in RR to use on a later purchase.

So there is the specifics for you. . . :)