Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Help When Needed

The last couple of weeks have been emotionally exhausting.  I have had some very specific struggles regarding our daughter Megan and her disorder, Dysgenesis of the Corpus Callosum.  I could write a book about the last couple of weeks but I'm not going to.  What I am going to write is that I was discouraged, and disheartened.  I felt like I was dealing with it alone.  I was tired of expressing my struggles only to have them be constantly minimalized and brushed off as insignificant with people saying things like "oh, that normal for 7 year olds", or "my kid does that too."  I spent a lot of time in tears crying out to God (and to my mom and husband--thanks guys for listening an being there for me!)

But you know what.  God came through!  (he always does!).  It was accidental on my part, but I do NOT think it was accidental to God! Just when I needed it most I stumbled upon a woman through an online forum, who is a fellow mother of a child with a disorder of the corpus callosum, and a wealth of information!  I no longer have to feel like the expert, but have someone who I can go to for help and encouragement AND understanding!  

Psalm 46:1-3
  God is our refuge and strength,
   an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
   and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
   and the mountains quake with their surging.
                         Selah

Psalm 61:1-4

 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee,
when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
 I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

Thank you, God!

No comments: