Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Favorite From-Scratch Brownie Recipe

This is my most favorite brownie recipe ever! Very chocolaty but not too sweet. I don't care for my brownies to be too sweet. I also prefer dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate so I guess it makes sense. Anyway, these brownies are very chocolaty but not too sweet like so many homemade brownies are. I have also recently found that they taste even better when using the Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa, as opposed to using the Nestle's Cocoa which I have always used in the past. If you prefer a sweeter brownie you can add a cup or 2 of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter and the brownies will come out a little more fudge-like and sweeter.


  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
  3. In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
  4. Add sugar and mix well.
  5. Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
  6. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour.
  7. Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Do not overbake or they become rather dry.

No comments: