Thursday, October 6, 2011

Living off Love

I'm pretty sure that is what my husband is doing lately, because he surely isn't living off of sleep.  He is working an evening/night shift at work and recently had early morning work added to his route (he's a fuel truck driver).  So now he is getting home anywhere from 1 a.m. to 3 a.m. and then having to get up at 4:30 a.m. to go out and fuel up another work site. Once in a while he's able to get home 10:30 or 11:00 p.m. from his evening route, but that's not the norm. 

Oh, and did I mention that he's trying not to sleep too much during the day because he is redoing our roof all by himself?   And any extra time and energy he has is given to Camp Bayouca helping with their fall retreats.  Thankfully, at least, the last one of those is this weekend. 

I am proud of my husband for being such a hard worker, but I'll admit, I'm a bit concerned at the schedule he is trying to keep up.   I can see the exhaustion written all over his face. It has definitely been a matter of prayer for me lately.

No comments: